By browsing our site you agree to our use of cookies. You will only see this message once.

Veteran Car Club South East Section
To encourage the use and assist in the acquisition, restoration, preservation, exhibition and maintenance of Veteran and Edwardian motor vehicles manufactured up to and including 1918

Who would you use to make new leaf springs

Posted by Chris_Loder 
Who would you use to make new leaf springs
February 18, 2014 08:58PM
Looking for who can make some leaf springs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2014 11:39PM by Chris_Loder.
Re: Who would you use
February 20, 2014 08:11AM
Hi Chris
You could try Brost Forge Motorspring Services in London N7. Whilst I haven't used them, I have heard good reports on their work and when I spoke to them about resetting some leaf springs for me, they did seem to be very knowledgeable.
Regards
David
Re: Who would you use to make new leaf springs
March 04, 2014 05:20PM
Hi Chris,

I have used Brost Forge several times and can highly recommend them. The last time was a couple of years ago for the Singer front springs. The only problem with Brost Forge is that they are a pain to get to in North London, just behind Pentoville Prison. With the Singer springs I found it easier to take them up on the train and tube. You can send them up and have them returned by courier but I wanted to take mine up to discuss the springs with them. The Singer springs took a couple of weeks but I had all four springs for my Austin refurbished in just 4 days.

I have also in the past used Fenix Springs in Devon (www.fenixcarriages.co.uk). I know people who have been pleased with work done by Jones Springs in the West Midlands. So plenty of choice there.

David

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2014 08:10AM by David Ralph.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

You would like to subscribe to the Email mailing list, Please contact the Website Co-ordinator - Chris Loder - info@veteran-cars.co.uk